Apply for Housing
If anyone in your family has a disability and requires a specific accommodation with any request or submitting any of the applications, please contact the Thomasville Housing Authority at (229) 226-4065.
Because there are many applicants seeking housing, there is a lengthy waiting list. It is difficult to predict the time between applying and receiving a housing offer – it can sometimes take years.
The waitlist for Thomasville is currently closed.
The waitlist is currently open for Boston locations.
We do not have emergency housing available. The first step is to complete an application by visiting our administrative offices at 216 S. College Street in Thomasville, GA 31792. To save time, download our application on our website and have it filled out when you arrive. As housing becomes available, the Thomasville Housing Authority schedules personal interviews with applicants. Applicants are required to provide verification of their eligibility at the time of the interview.
What Do I Need to Apply?
- Social Security cards for all members of the household
- Birth Certificates for all members of the household
- Photo Identification for all adults in the household
- Proof of citizenship
- Proof of income including but not limited to:
- Wages (2 recent check stubs)
- Child Support (Child Support Recovery printout)
- Social Security or Supplemental Income (printout from Social Security office)
- Unemployment (current check stubs)
- Worker’s Compensation (current check stubs)
- Pensions including VA or others
- TANF (printout from DFACS)
- Proof of any other sources of income
The housing authority may suspend taking applications at any time. If you do not have all the above information, your application will not be taken. Everyone who is to be on the application and who is 18 years of age or older needs to come to the appointment.
WARNING! TITLE 18, SECTIONS 1001 AND 1010 OF THE UNITED STATES CODE, STATES THAT A PERSON IS GUILTY OF A FELONY FOR KNOWINGLY AND WILLINGLY MAKING FALSE OR FRAUDULENT STATEMENTS TO ANY DEPARTMENT OR AGENCY OF THE UNITED STATES OF THE DEPARTMENT OF HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT.
An Equal Housing Opportunity Agency
"Assisting With Your Affordable Housing Needs"